Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Even stay at home moms have "bad days at the office"

It seems about once a week my children wake up, hell bent on being miserable. Or worse, they wake determined to make everyone else miserable. 

Xander woke this morning in a screaming crying fit. He was crying and whining that he needed to go potty. So I told him to go. The crying and whining continued,.....as he was going potty. Then of course, Xander's noisy tantrums woke his brother Atticus. Which of course made Atticus cry and scream and be clingy and upset since he wasn't truly ready to wake up. 
So at 8am, both children are screaming, the dogs are barking to be let out and of course my phone rings. I threaten Xander with going back to bed if he doesn't knock it off, while trying to wrestle a clean diaper on the "refuses to lay still EVER" Atticus. I need coffee, I need coffee with kahluha in it. 

Finally milk cups are distributed, the dogs are let outside, and I head out also to tend to the chickens. I feed and water the chickens, let them out to free range, mix up some more feed to ferment and go back inside. Mind you I've been gone less than 10 minutes. 
In that time Atticus has managed to empty all 3 dog bowls of food and has pulled every book, paper and item off my nightstand. (We call him "The Destroyer")

Can this kid just walk already!? I fully believe when that happens he will stop climbing cabinets and nightstands and other objects with handles and shelves in an effort to stand. So once he pulls himself up to stand he realizes, in whatever object he is leaning against, there are fun things to pull off and throw about the house. 

I make breakfast for the boys, let the dogs in and out again, shovel a bowl of cereal in my mouth, and finally realize I need to make myself coffee. But of course by that time, Mr Atticus is tired. Seeing he was woken prematurely, he needs an extra morning nap. So then I have to get him a bottle, change his diaper, and lay him down for a morning nap. 

Finally! Coffee time!
Oh wait, it's already 12......hell I'm still having my coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment